Information you provide to us:
Through your use of our services, we collect personal information, which is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual. Below are the types of personal information that we collect.
When you create an ABE account, we collect:
- Your full name
- Your home address
- Your work address
- Your email address
- Your home and/or mobile numbers
This information is necessary for us to provide you our Services. If you do not provide this information we will not be able to provide our Services to you.
When you communicate with us:
If you send us an email we will keep your name, email address and any other information provided in the email. We will not use or disclose information received through email without your permission except as specifically necessary for ABE to carry out its Certification and evaluation functions or to investigate possible violations of ABE rules.
We collect certain personal information from third parties, such as:
- Information from actions you take (for example, your exam scores).
- Information from licensure and certification bodies (for example, your certification status or the locations in which you are licensed).
We automatically collect certain information as you use our services, including:
- Usage Information: which of the pages on our website you access, the frequency of access, how much time you spend on each page, what you click on while on our website, and when you accessed the website.
- Location Information: information about your estimate location which may be determined from your IP address.
- Device Information: information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. We use first party cookies, which are cookies that we place on your device ourselves, and third party cookies, which are cookies that we allow third parties to place on your device.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookie files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use the following types of cookies. Learn how you can control information collected about you using cookies and other technologies.
- Essential cookies: We use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
- Preferences cookies: We use preferences cookies to remember information that changes the way the Service behaves or looks. For example, such cookies may be used to simplify the sign-in process for registered users or to store answers you provide during the self-evaluation process during your active self-evaluation session.
- Analytics cookies: We allow Google Analytics to place cookies to track how the website is used so that we can make improvements. Google Analytics may also set cookies on your browser or mobile device, or read cookies that are already there. Google Analytics may also receive information about you from apps that partner with Google that you have downloaded. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. Learn about how to control information used by Google Analytics. We also use analytics cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Service to see how our users react to them.